Have you noticed a marked decrease in your Facebook Business page’s “reach” lately? We certainly have and we’re spending some time scouring the internet to figure out how to maximize our posts to make sure more of our customers are actually seeing them. Here’s a little info we found on the blog Buffer Social:
The Overview of Facebook News Feed Factors
How does Facebook decide what to show in a News Feed? Here are the factors that may determine whether your post shows up or not.
Do this: The algorithm loves …
- Posts with lots of comments
- Posts with lots of likes
- Post types that users seem to prefer more than others (e.g., photo, video, or status update)
- Posts that reference a trending topic
- Posts that receive a high volume of likes, comments, or shares in a short time
- Link posts
- Videos uploaded to Facebook that receive a large number of views or extended viewing duration
- Posts that tag other pages within the text
- Posts that are liked or commented on by one’s friends
- Posts from pages that one interacts with often
- Post types that one interacts with often
- Posts from pages with complete profile information
- Posts from pages where the fan base overlaps with the fan base of other known high-quality pages
- Images and videos that have not previously appeared in the Open Graph
- Links that have not been posted before
Don’t do this: The algorithm is not too keen on …
- Frequently circulated content and repeated posts
- Posts that include spammy links
- Text-only status updates from pages
- Posts that are frequently hidden or reported (a sign of low quality)
- Posts that contain the words “like, comment, or share”
- Posts with unusual engagement patterns (a like-baiting signal)
- Posts that receive negative feedback categorizes as “meme content”
- Posts that are classified as memes by Facebook’s visual analysis of overlayed text on image
- Passive fans of a particular Facebook page may see that page’s posts bundled together in the News Feed, such that the user would need to click a link to see more from the page.
- Overly promotional content from pages—pushing people to buy an app or service, pushing people to enter a contest or sweepstakes, posts that reuse the same text from ads
There were certainly some surprises here and things we’re definitely been guilty of! Hope this helps!
The Haven Collective teaming up with Cinder + Salt and Poor & Pretty to bring you a Galentine’s Day pop-up shop + spa day on February 7th from 12-5pm!
Come learn how to create a spa at home with Poor & Pretty’s 100% natural beauty goodies (and make your own!) and shop cinder + salt’s trunk show and sample sale with exclusive Galentine’s Day designs and a screen printing demo.
Galentine’s Day is inspired by the television show Parks and Recreation and is a time to spend with your “gals” as an alternative to Valentine’s Day.
Tickets are just $15! To secure your spot in advance, purchase your tickets here:http://bit.ly/1JldpX8
We’re totally smitten with Glitter & Bold‘s hand painted mugs, pillows and towels! With so many witty pieces, it’s hard to decide which to pick. Starting in 2013 as a Pinterest-inspired birthday present and creative outlet, Glitter & Bold is the brain child of Connecticut native Brittany Morgan. Using only high quality paints, each item is painted completely by hand so that no two are exactly alike and then heat cured to endure the test of time. Available to adore in person at The Haven Collective until this Sunday and afterward you can find them on Brittany’s website. To keep tabs on her latest work and inspiration check out these links:
We’re looking for a Jack (or Jill) of all trades to assist with a variety of tasks including working in the shop, visual merchandising, handling social media accounts, photographing inventory, familiarity with etsy, running errands, graphic design, blogging/maintaining website, correspondence with vendors, booking and teaching classes in our craft studio – the list goes on. Looking for someone who is outgoing, organized and motivated. Must be creative and flexible. This is a very demanding position – it requires a person who is comfortable with the pressure that comes from multitasking and juggling a lot of responsibilities. Can be a full time or part time gig. Have what it takes?!
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
In a flash of brilliance, we came up with the idea of #guestcurators! The premise was to invite some of our most fashionable friends to come an select their favorite pieces from our new brick and mortar space called The Haven Collective (938 State Street in New Haven) and style them any way they wanted!
Here are the results:
KLW Event + Interior Stylists - Fairy Tale Wedding
Tori Rysz – Modern + Minimalist
Erin Howey – Bold + Beautiful
Sara – Retro Swing
Aude – Fashion as Art
After just 8 short months and 4 Haven Events at Trolley Square in New Haven, WE’VE MOVED! We found an amazing light-filled space in the East Rock neighborhood. We are now located at the corner of State and Bishop Streets – and are blessed to now be a location with great foot traffic! Our new space is called the Haven Collective and also includes amazing items from lifestyle brand (23rd/1st) along with a rotating pop-up space and modern craft studio. Stop by and see our new space!
With the latest round of mechanical issues plaguing our beloved Vintanthromobile, we’ve finally accepted that this is a challenge we can’t face ourselves. We’ve created an indiegogo campaign with some amazing perks! Check it out!